Chinese Medicine has 5 essential fundamentals to help you stay healthy during season shifts…
The 5 principles are aspects of Qi. These are Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. Acupuncture along with Chinese herbs will assist with your… viruses, allergies, and other seasonal weather related symptoms.
- Do not feel guilty if you find yourself wanting to sleep more this time of year.
It is not uncommon to experience fatigue as the body works to adjust to
changing environmental conditions. And like many other creatures we
have an urge to hibernate in cold whether. The more in tune in with the
natural world, the healthier you will be.
- Wear a scarf or cover the back of your neck on windy days. Chinese medicine teaches that external pathogenic factors (viruses and bacteria) enter the body at the back of the neck in addition to the nose. It is the reason why you sometimes feel stiffness in your neck at the beginning of a cold.
- Many folks experience allergies in the Fall. If you are on of those individuals, cut back on your dairy and wheat consumption. Dairy is phlegm producing and will make nasal congestion worse and wheat is one of the most common food allergens that can magnify the body’s response to environmental allergens.
- Get acupuncture. Acupuncture has been proven to increase immunity.
A tune up will help prevent or if you are already sick greatly shorten that Fall time cold or flu.
- I also have a full line of powerful Chinese Herbal formulas to support you in whatever you are experiencing.
L. Ac. Dipl OM
801 Florida Rd, Suite 12, Durango, CO