Do you have chronic fatigue, chronic pain, digestive problems, anxiety, depression, insomnia, difficulty losing weight, Parkinson’s disease, or Alzheimer’s? Then you need to be aware of this information.
Glyphosate, The Most Pervasive Toxin
185 million pounds of glyphosate, the active ingredient in the herbicide Roundup, are sprayed on crops in the United States annually. It has been increasing every year for two reasons. One is because more genetically modified crops, that are bred to withstand high levels of the herbicide, are being introduced into the food supply.
The second reason is that we are seeing the rise of more weeds that are becoming resistant to glyphosate so more has to be sprayed to try to keep up with these super weeds. Glyphosate is not just on the foods we eat but it is in the water supply and in the air we breathe.
Industry scientists tell us this chemical is safe but independent researchers are discovering that’s just not the case. Glyphosate is considered by many to be the most significant environmental toxin there is because it’s so pervasive and impacts our health in so many ways.
- Gut Bacteria: Glyphosate disrupts our gut bacteria (the microbiome). It is so effective at killing bacteria that it is classified as an antibiotic. We need healthy bacteria for strong immunity, proper digestion, and good brain function. Did you know that the building blocks that produce neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin are produced in the gut?! If we don’t have a healthy mircobiome we may have anxiety, depression, insomnia and Parkinson’s.
- The World Health Organization has classified it as a probable human carcinogen and a mitochondrial toxin. August 2018 a jury awarded $289 million to a groundskeeper who contracted non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after using Roundup. There are 4000 more cases against Monsanto that will be starting soon.
- Researchers from MIT in 2013 concluded that glyphosate is likely to contribute to the development of inflammatory bowel diseases, infertility, obesity, autism, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, Parkinson’s disease, liver disease and cancer.
The Institute for Responsible Technology surveyed 32,000 people who reported improvements in overall health within days to weeks after changing to an organic non-GMO diet. They reported improvements in gastrointestinal health, weight reduction, increased energy and less brain fog, better mood and less depression and anxiety and a decrease in pain.
The Most Heavily Sprayed Foods
- Genetically Modified: The crops with the most glyphosate are the genetically modified ones: Soy, corn, canola, cotton, alfalfa, sugar beets, yellow squash, zucchini, apple and potato.
- Desiccated Crops: Next are the crops where huge amounts of Roundup are sprayed on them to kill them, dry them out quickly, and makes it easier to harvest. Those crops are oats, wheat and legumes (think of the acronym OWL).
- Step Number 1. Remove the Source: Convert as much as possible to an organic and non-GMO diet. Also, drink bottled or filtered water. Your body will start to detoxify naturally with just these few changes but you may have health challenges and need further support to help the detoxification process.
- Comprehensive Detoxification Program: I offer program called True Cellular Detox. It works at a deep cellular level on tissues deep in the brain. Dr Dan Pompa, the creator of the program says “you will not get well until to detox the cell.” The program not only pulls the toxins from deep within your cells, but it ensures they get pulled completely out of the body rather than getting re-circulated. It repairs the cells’ membrane, reduces inflammation and it repairs the mitochondria of the cell which is the energy and critical for health.
I would love to share more with you. Please call and set up a consultation.